Posted by: maboulette | November 16, 2016

Zervos Press Conference: ‘I Refuse to Be Intimidated Into Silence’


summer

Summer Zervos, the Season 5 Apprentice contestant who accused Donald Trump of sexual assault last month, in a press conference last Friday for the President-elect to retract his threat to sue his accusers.

GLORIA ALLRED

During the press conference which was hosted in Los Angeles by attorney Gloria Allred — Zervos was obviously and loudly emotional as she read a prepared statement addressing PEOTUS.

“Mr. Trump stated that after the election he would file lawsuits against me and the other accusers he sexually assaulted,” Zervos said, noting that since claiming that Trump assaulted her in 2007, she’s been “threatened, bullied and saw my business targeted.”

She continued, through tears, “I also suffered other repercussions because I chose to speak out and tell the truth.”

Zervos said that after being on Trump’s reality show, she approached him for job opportunities. She claimed that the first time they met in New York City, the businessman kissed her on the lips, leaving her “nervous and embarrassed.”

PHONED

Later, Trump phoned Zervos at her home in Huntington Beach, allegedly calling her his “OC (Orange County) Angel.” He allegedly invited her to dinner where he was staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and — in his room — began kissing her “open-mouthed.”

“He then grabbed my shoulder and began kissing me again very aggressively and placed his hand on my breast. I pulled back and walked to another part of the room. He then walked up, he grabbed my hand and walked me into the bedroom,” Zervos alleged, adding that after she tried to walk away from Trump, “He put me in an embrace and I tried to push him away. I pushed his chest to put space between us and I said ‘Come on man, get real.’ He repeated my words back to me, ‘Get real’ as he began thrusting his genitals. He tried to kiss me again and with my hand still on his chest I said ‘Dude, you’re trippin’ right now,’ attempting to make it clear that I was not interested.”

In response to Zervos’ story, Trump initially issued a statement to PEOPLE, saying, “I vaguely remember Ms. Zervos as one of the many contestants on The Apprentice over the years. To be clear, I never met her at a hotel or greeted her inappropriately a decade ago. That is not who I am as a person, and it is not how I’ve conducted my life. In fact, Ms. Zervos continued to contact me for help, emailing my office on April 14th of this year asking that I visit her restaurant in California.”

COUSIN

Later, Trump’s campaign released a statement from Zervos’ cousin, who said he was “completely shocked and bewildered” to learn about her allegations.

 “For almost a decade, my cousin would talk about how much she looked up to Mr. Trump and viewed him as an inspiration — a success story she wanted to copy,” John Barry said, adding that he thought that Zervos’ allegations were an “attempt to regain the spotlight at Mr. Trump’s expense.”

LIARS

Trump said publicly that all of the women charging him of assault — including former PEOPLE writer Natasha Stoynoff — were lying. He said that the allegations are “all 100 percent, totally and completely fabricated,” and “in just about all cases, nonsense.”

PENNSYLVANIA

At a rally in Pennsylvania later in October, Trump stated further, “All of these liars will be sued after the election is over,” reported CNN.

CONTINUE TO SPEAK

On Friday, Zervos told reporters, “I want to make it clear that even though it is hard and painful to go up against the world’s most powerful man, I will continue to speak the truth and I refuse to be intimidated into silence.”

WITHDRAW

She asked Trump to withdraw his statements calling her and the other accusers “liars,” and withdraw his threat to sue them now that the election has ended.

“Until he does retract, I will continue to speak out and tell the truth,” she said. “The truth is always the right option, and will win out in the end.”

Later, as Allred spoke, Zervos interrupted, saying, “What happened to a good old fashioned, ‘I’m sorry?’ ”

ALLRED

Allred said that she and Zervos had “no present intent” to bring a lawsuit against the president-elect. She noted, however, “If in fact he sues the women then it will be my recommendation that they consider filing a lawsuit against him for defamation… a president can be sued for actions or statements made prior to his becoming president of the United States.”

Personally, it is my opinion that these women should sue and get this over with.  It is obvious that these women are not all lying and a court of law could decide what is the truth and what it not.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: