An Israeli health and beauty spa is offering a creepy new service for its customers – Snake Massage. For just $80 you can have large slithering reptiles such as California and Florida king snakes, corn snakes and milk snakes, wriggle down your back and up your spine and across your face. If you dont freak out, it can be soothing experience, as the spa owner Ada Barak will tell you.
Barak figured out several years ago that heavy king and corn snakes produce a relaxing kneading sensation. She says that once people get over any initial misgivings, they find physical contact with the snakes to be stress relieving.
“Some people said that holding the snakes made them feel better, relaxed,” she said “One old lady said it was soothing, like a cold compress.”
The size of the snakes depends on the type of massage – the larger ones are said to alleviate deeper muscle tensions and the smaller ones create a ‘fluttering’ effect. All are the snakes used are non-venomous.
Oh! What a relief.
- A Spa That Slithers (time.com)
- Trouser Snakes (weeklyworldnews.com)
- How do you know when a corn snake is going to shed (wiki.answers.com)
- Ahh yes, what we will do for…beauty? (thespontaneousbox.wordpress.com)
- Snake (smalltownnebraska.wordpress.com)
- Escaped 8-foot snake found in Florida (upi.com)