Rick Perry, the Governor of Texas, seems to have become the leader of the field of Republican candidates for President. The Tea Party seems to have totally taken over the Republican Party or at least is almost nearly complete in that take over. This is the reason that Perry is in the lead by going further to the extreme right than any other candidate. But there are many who believe that Perry’s ideology and stance is dangerous for the citizens of this country except for possibly the top 1% of earners as well as big business. Here are 12 of the reasons, and there are many, that would make Rick Perry a disaster as president.
- Perry believes that one of this country’s most successful programs, Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. Perry wants to eliminate this program which the majority of seniors rely solely on for their retirement.
- Perry talks a great game about his record of creating jobs but Texas is number one in jobs only paying minimum wage and having no benefits while being 25th in unemployment with rate of over 8%
- Perry’s solution to the worst drought ever is to pray for rain. Now with half the state on fire – well, enough said about that.
- Perry denies scientific facts relating to Evolution, and wants “Creationism” taught in schools to our children.
- In May of 2011, Perry continued his Anti-Choice views on abortion, mandating that every woman getting an abortion in the state of Texas must get a sonogram of the fetus with a doctor explaining everything about this image. Perry also wants to defund Planned Parenthood which is one of the major organizations that many middle class and low income earners rely on for medical help.
- Being a Christian, over the last 10 years as Governor of Texas, Perry has overseen more executions than any governor in modern history with the number of 234.
- Perry has cut from public education in Texas and Texas now has the worst education system in the country, ranking 49th in verbal SAT scores and 46th in math SAT scores. Texas also has the highest rate of adults without a high school diploma.
- Perry was part of a proposed scheme to take life insurance policies out on elderly retired teachers with the promise to give kick backs to Wall Street investors.
- Perry has called the 16th Amendment, income tax, unconstitutional but has no plan to replace income tax funds to build bridges, roads and tunnels.
- Perry has called for an amendment to the Constitution banning abortion and same-sex marriage adding to the hypocrisy of the Republican Party’s supposed “small government” ideology.
- Perry believes that climate change is made up by scientists just so they can make a buck when a bipartisan study has shown over 97% of climate scientists believe that Global Warming/Climate Change is caused by the human impact.
- Perry has said that any regulation to the banking industry is unconstitutional – apparently forgetting that deregulation was the leading cause of the economic collapse in 2008.
The United States has already had one ultra-conservative Republican from Texas as President and that certainly did not work out well – why try that again. Perry would be a disaster as president and we have already been there and done that!
- Rick Perry: in the News (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Texas Fires Pull Rick Perry From Presidential Forum (inquisitr.com)
- Perry says Texas wildfire ‘mean’ as he’s ever seen (seattletimes.nwsource.com)