I don’t know who originally authored this, but I would be happy to give them credit if you know who they are. I wanted to make sure it got shared with as many people as possible.
It is time. If you agree, send it to 20 people. If you disagree, please do nothing. Thanks.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land…all because of public pressure.
I’m asking each addressee to forward this page to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn I ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional & Senate Reform Act of 2011
1. Term Limits.
12 years only, one of the possible options below..
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
3. Congress & Senate (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional & Senatorial retirement funds move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and the Congress & Senate participates with the American people.
4. Congress & Senate can purchase their own retirement plans, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress & Senate will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%. Their current rate of Pay will be lowered by 25% effective 11//11/11.
6. Congress & Senate loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people do.
7. Congress & Senate must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
The American people did not make these contracts with Congressmen. Congressmen & Senators made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress & Senate is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and go back to work.
You can also copy this contract for America and present it at Public Locations for people to sign. (Like a petition) Have future prospective Leaders sign also or agree to in public. Let’s clean up the act of these politicians in the past so that we have a future for our children. We voted these people into office not to squander our children’s future, but to improve it.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive this message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX THE SENATE & CONGRESS!!!!!